Hubba, hubba, fit mama.

Monday, January 7, 2013

Hello! Still there?

Hello?


Mom?

Sorry for the week hiatus, I was busy eating my weight in junk food and drowning my "I-can't-stop-eating-cookies" sorrows in sweet tea. But no more! My New Years resolution besides trying to take more family pictures, is to tone up my body. You see, before my eggo-became-preggo, I was a size 2 in jeans, and an XS in everything on top. I know, cry me a river. But during my pregnancy, I bought ZERO! NADA! ZILCH! maternity clothes. I just don't believe in them.

After I had Jack, for some reason I thought I would be a chunky monkey for a while then go back to my size 2 jeans. Boy was I wrong. My hips are a lot wider and I now have a butt. I am now a size 4 in jeans and a medium in tops. Now, I know this is nothing to cry about, but it is still quite the change when you can't fit into anything you own.And I don't want to buy all new clothes when I want to lose some weight. It makes no sense to me (just like maternity clothes)

This past weekend, I was in a funk. Like a "what is that extra roll doing down there" funk. So I decided that I am going to really make an effort to tone up. I am lucky that Jon prefers me with a few extra pounds on. I like it too, I just don't want to look like the Michelin Man in a few months. So, I have set up a gym schedule and am going to stick with it. I just wish there was a Ninja that came and kicked your ass if you try and sleep in rather than work out.

So, here it goes:

Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday I am going to the gym early in the morning. I am going to eat healthy and tell Arnold Palmer to shove his sugar down his golf hole. I am going to tell the Pizza Hut guy that if he ever offers me a $10 large pizza again that I will boil him in his own Marinara sauce. And lastly, I am going to sleep in my gym clothes and set my alarm clock across the room so I don't smack the snooze and go back to dream land.

Now motivate me! Or sneak into our house and kick my ass out of bed! (But gently please, I bruise easliy and am very vain)


 (Makes sense to me)



(Well I don't, but since I want my butt to look like yours, I will take your word for it)


What are your New Years Resolutions? Any other mommies in a funk? What are your tips? Anyone need a ninja to get you out of bed? I will let you hire Jack but he charges $100 an hour.

Till we meet again,
xo Melissa
Post a comment (0)

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hover Pin It Code

 
09 10