Homemade Shepard's Pie

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Ahoy Maties! I'm back (and a little late) with my weekly Pinterest choice. Like I said last week, every Sunday (aiming for it anyways) I will show you what I decided to create from one of my pins. This week it was homemade Shepard's Pie! And I thought it was the perfect idea since Sunday was St. Patrick's Day! Poi-fecto!

I pinned this recipe from Iowa Girl Eats and it was absolutely delicious!

Here are the list of ingredients that you will need:



Step ONE: Pre-heat the over to 400 degrees and add the onion, garlic, and ground beef into a skillet and cook until the meat is browned.

Step TWO: Add the flour once the meat is completely cooked and then cook for 1-2 minutes.

Step THREE: Add the tomato paste, worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and chicken broth. Stir. Simmer for 5-6 minutes, or until sauce is thick. Turn the heat off and stir in frozen vegetables and salt and pepper, to taste. 

Step FOUR: Pour beef mixture into a large, oven-proof casserole dish. Top with mashed potatoes and smooth with a spatula. Sprinkle garlic salt on top of mashed potatoes. The place casserole dish on a large sheet pan (in case the sauce overflows) It will be very heavy!  Then bake for 20-30 minutes, or until top is golden brown. Ladle and serve!




Now enjoy a nice, tall Guinness and relax!

I hope you enjoy it! Any traditions you celebrate? Feel free to share!
Post a comment (1)

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hover Pin It Code

 
09 10