Toddler Craft: Dough foot/handprint

Sunday, March 10, 2013

For the month of March, I want to start creating some of the "pins" I have pinned on Pinterest. So, every Sunday night, I will post what I decided to create that week. It could be an outfit, a recipe, a painting or even a DIY furniture makeover (hint to next week!?!?)

It is just a fun kick in the butt for me since I love to create things, but never do it. 

This week I wanted to involve Jack! And make a dough foot/handprint keepsake.



Today was probably not the best day to do it since he was pretty fussy and a mess all day, but it was something fun to help break up the day.

I originally pinned this idea from The Imagination Tree and have wanted to do it for weeks. I wish I saw it when Jack was first born so I could have done it every 6 months or so, but oh well!

STEP 1: Gather ingredients. It should take you 12 seconds.

1 Cup Salt
1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
1/2 Cup warm water

Bada Boom Bada Done.



Then you just combine all three and knead until you have perfect dough. Not too sticky and not too dry. Just like you are making a pizza dough!

Next, separate the two and either roll the dough or just knead it into to round lumps. You don't want the dough to be too thick because it won't bake properly.

Then, have your tot place his hand and foot onto the dough (Jack hated this haha) and pop those bad Larry's into the oven.

You want it set at 200 degrees fahrenheit and bake it for 2 hours. Make sure the pan you bake them on is greased or you use a piece of parchment. (To be honest, I used baking spray and flour and they slid right off once cool.)

In the mean time, we played outside since it was almost 50 degrees out today! Whoop whoop!





Once your timer is up, let them cool for an hour or so and make sure they are rock hard. Dust off any remaining flour and get ready to paint!

Jack chose his colors and really enjoyed painting them...



More like his hand and the table, but at least he wasn't hitting me :-)

And there you have it! A fun little keepsake and it was easy-peasy. My kind of project :-)




Anyone else want to join me on my very own Pinterest Challenge? Let me know!









































Post a comment (0)

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hover Pin It Code

 
09 10