Oreo Truffles

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Want to drool a little bit? Last night I made some Oreo Truffles for the first time. All I can say is YUM-MEE!

I topped them off with crushed up pretzels since it sounded delicious. I will definitely be making these at every family gathering!

I pinned this recipe from Kate at Centsational Girl and am so glad I did!






Recipe:
1 package of Oreos (I used Reduced Fat)
1 package of Cream Cheese (Reduced Fat)
16 oz of Melted Chocolate (I used Dolci Fruitta - milk chocolate)
1 cup of crushed Pretzels

Directions:
1.) Crush the Oreos either in a food processor or in a ziploc bag (and smack the heck out of them) until they are a fine chocolatey powder.
2.) Mix the package of Cream Cheese (heat up so it is easier to work with) and the Oreo crumbs together until they blend together. I used my hands!
3.) Form little balls around 1 inch in size and line them onto a tray lined with wax paper (or tinfoil like I used)
4.) Pop that tray into the fridge and chill for 10 minutes
5.) While that is in the fridge, melt the 16oz of chocolate. Microwave it for two minutes and stir every 30 seconds so it doesn't burn.
6.) Take the yummy Oreo truffles out of the fridge and use a fork to stab the ball and dip it into the melted chocolate, lift them out and put them back onto the tray (easiest way is stab with the fork and use a spoon to plop it back down)
7.) Once they are all covered in the chocolate, use a spoon to drizzle more melted chocolate on top of the truffles and then quickly sprinkle the crushed pretzel on top since the chocolate hardens fast.
8.) Pop those bad Larry's back into the fridge for an hour and VOILA!

I brought them into work tonight and they were gone within minutes!



Obviously the lovely men in my life enjoyed them. Or stole them...sneaky hobbitses!!!


Enjoy!


Post a comment (0)

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hover Pin It Code

 
09 10