Our kitchen inspiration

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

When we started designing our home we had a few things in mind that were "must haves"

1) A sick master bath
D) An office for Jon
4) Open concept
G) A white kitchen

Today, I am going to show you what we used as inspiration for our white kitchen. Hence the title :-)

One of my favorite bloggers is Megan from Honey We're Home. I saw her kitchen and fell in LOVE. The counters, the color, and those lights! I swooned in my computer chair. It became my go-to when working with the weird cabinet man or Bill the really cool marble guy who looks like Jacqueline Laurita's husband on RHONJ. Not like I watch it or anything...............#soexcitedforjune.

I showed Jon the pictures of her kitchen and said that I needed it. And I'm the one that will be in there the most, so it should be what I want! Right? Nod your head.

He thought it was boring agreed and our design for our kitchen was born!


Here are some of my inspiration pictures including Megan's. Tomorrow I will be back to show you our kitchen. We went in today and I took some pictures. Closing is still in limbo due to mistakes and sloppy finish work, so hopefully we will be making mojitos in our kitchen soon :-)








 

Pictures above are from Honey We're Home or pins from my Pinterest Board (with direct links)
 
 
What we wanted:
Marble Countertops and backsplash (white with a soft grey streaking)
White cabinets
A large Island with seating
Pendant lighting above island
Dark hardwood floors
Cabinetry on the side (as seen in Megan's photo) for coffee, breakfast food, and storage.
 
 
Tune in tomorrow for the big reveal!
 
 

Post a comment (1)

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hover Pin It Code

 
09 10