Day 14: My Happy List

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Day 14 of the blog challenge is to list 10 things that make you happy. Here is my list:

1] A morning by myself with a good cup of Hazelnut coffee. The perfect setting would be sitting in my pj's, the sun is rising and there is nothing but peace and quiet. The coffee MUST be Hazelnut (I am picky) or I can't drink it. And there has to be a splash of Hazelnut cream.



2] Lilacs. My favorite flower, color and also my favorite smell. They just remind me of my childhood since our yard was filled with them!



3] Summer time. The beach, 4th of July, ice cream, fireworks, cookouts, and The Cape. My favorite time of the year!


Photo taken by me


4] The change of the leaves in the Fall. It is so beautiful when the leaves change and it is the perfect sweater weather (say that 5 times fast). I love to go apple picking and celebrate Halloween every year. The town we moved into has an apple orchard right down the road so I'm very excited to go there this year! As Liz Lemon says "I want to go to there."





5] A trip to Barnes and Noble by myself. I feel so relaxed when I wander through Barnes and Noble. Half the time when I get a sitter I just go there and hangout. I grab a coffee (hazelnut obviously) and explore new books or weird cat calenders or books where people take family pictures with their animals. Always a good time at The Barnes.



6] Family time. Spending time with our kooky family brings such a joy to my tired and frazzled mind. I love when all of us are together, sharing stories, laughing at things that nobody else would find funny and overall shenanigans. Jack loves everyone in the family. He always asks about everyone days after he sees them too. We be cool, yo.


taken by our friend, Kristen

7] Date nights. I love my man. He is the peel to my banana. The ranch dressing to my salad. The frosting to my cake. You get the idea. So when we have a chance to go out even for a drink or walk around the mall by ourselves, we really soak it in. These moments are rare, so it is nice to just be Melissa & Jon and not Mommy & Daddy sometimes.




8] Movies. I am a movie buff. I love every genre but Horror and I love to sit my tookus down and get lost in a movie. I don't go to the movie theater often but I really want to change that. Normally I wait until they come out on Red Box or the movie channels (mostly since I don't have time to go). Jon always teases me because I can watch the same movie 15 times in a row and never get sick of it. I like to watch them over and over again because every time you watch it, you notice something new or you just fall in love with it even more. Some of my favorites are The Artist, Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit, Tropic Thunder (funniest move...EVER) and Green Street Hooligans. I also love anything associated with movies. Hello, Oscars night is a holiday in the Ricci household! I really need to see the movies that were nominated last year...still haven't seen one. Oops!



9] Harry Potter anything. I just get lost in these books and movies. JK Rowling is such a great writer that I feel like I am actually in the book. I can sense the sights, the sounds, the smells, everything. I have never had a hard time imagining what I was reading (like I normally do with books) because it just draws you in. Even after reading them 10 times, I still will never get bored of them. The movies are great as well. They are exactly how I pictured the characters in the books and they always did a great job portraying Hogwarts. My favorite books and movies are The Sorcerer's Stone, The Chamber of Secrets and The Prisoner of Azkaban.

10] Drinks with a friend. One thing I love to do (which is obvious to everyone around me) is talk. I am always saying something. If I am quiet then I am very bored or in a bad mood. I love grabbing drinks with a girlfriend, sitting down for hours and just babbling. I'm not a big gossiper (I don't tolerate annoying people) so it is more of just chatting away about our lives, our struggles, our family and girly things. I don't have a lot of girlfriends with kids (I had Jack at 21)  but they still enjoy hearing all about his new milestones or what funny thing he said last week. I am blessed to have a few good girlfriends that tolerate my blabbery. Yes, this is a word. A Melissa word. I love to go out for a good Margarita or some sort of fruity cocktail. Two at most...I'm a lightweight ;-)
our good buddies Glenn and Arianna



There you have it, 10 things that make me happy!

What do you do to make yourself happy? I realize this sounds bad...so don't answer it.




Post a comment (0)

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hover Pin It Code

 
09 10