A Seaside Tablescape

Wednesday, June 19, 2013



Like I said yesterday, for Father's Day we were having brunch with my Dad and V. I set the table in a rush since Jack was acting up but it looked very boring to me. I wanted to put a little bit of effort into it especially since they were driving to see us and it was a special day. I put some Mickey on for Jack to disctract him and ran all over the house trying to find things that would go together. I wanted to have a very casual and masculine (as possible) setting. I put everything on our island and noticed it was a very beachy-meets-rustic-meets-masculine feel. Victory! We all love the beach and The Cape, so I was all gung-ho on that theme.

10 minutes later, I came up with this bad boy. A few things: YES those are paper napkins...I have yet to buy any cloth napkins or napkin rings....don't judge me...YES I realize I have 4 tall glasses and 1 short glass. We seem to be missing a glass...AND I threw it together in a few minutes. So if it seems like it is boring or not your cup-O-tea, I understand.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To start, our plates, silverware and coasters are from William-Sonoma (bought at The Wrentham Village Outlet).
Salt & Pepper shakers are from Crate & Barrel (sold out - find similar here).
Round bowl and decorative balls are from Target
Glasses from Kohl's (old - find "grape" version here...we have navy) 
Starfish (is real...not alive)- have had since childhood

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------








Overall, I really loved it and was proud for whipping it up in ten minutes. I added the succulent that my Mother-in-law gave me for Mother's day and a rock that Jack insisted on keeping since I thought it added more of a beachy vibe to it. I so wish I had a cool runner though. Maybe a navy blue or a sandy color. Oh well!

Anyone else have an obsession with tablescapes? I personally, have an entire Pinterest board dedicated to them!
Post a comment (0)

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hover Pin It Code

 
09 10