A Peek into Jack's Big Boy Room

Wednesday, August 28, 2013


I remember before we moved in to our new house, I had always planned what I wanted Jack's room to look like. Bright colors, lots of fun toys (but keep it organized) and make it an overall happy place for Jack. Finally, a few months after moving in, we are close to being done!

This desk I found a week ago on the side of the road with a sign saying "FREE" next to it. With a quick double-take, a 15-point turn and a speed limit that may have been exceeded, this bad larry was in my car faster than you can say "there was no reason to speed since nobody else was driving on the same road and I doubt anyone else would have grabbed it". I made it a long sentence since it took like 50 times to try and get it in my car. Whatever, I will do anything for free stuff. Well, maybe not anything. I have never been a good juggler.

But I had to have it. The colors are perfect and it is the right size for Jack right now.



His train set it by Melissa and Doug and my Mother-In-Law scored it for free as well. Hear that? Or as my sister Mary would say, it was "Zero Doll-hairs". Weirdness runs in the family people. 

I recently got the train set off of craigslist for $60, so I didn't have to shell out the $150+ it normally costs. And the trains were included. SCORE!




On the play area wall, I painted it with chalk paint a while back and since Jack is a huge Mickey fan, I wrote "Welcome to Jack's Clubhouse" in Disney font. I have to redo it though since I think it looks sloppy. Perfectionist issues.


Where Jack's window is, we put his fire truck fort where we read or watch movies on the iPad. He loves that it looks out the window. He pretends he is putting out the "tree fires"


The star of the show is his car bed. He thinks it is Lightning McQueen and looooves it. My Mother-In-Law also scored it for free!


And the other side of his room is his closet


So there is a peek into Jack's colorful room. He loves his room and is always so happy to play in there. And I can sneak a nap on his car bed. Until a toy comes flying at my head anyways ;-)
Post a comment (0)

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hover Pin It Code

 
09 10