A five minute wreath

Monday, September 16, 2013

The wreath I made for our front door took five minutes and five dollars. My kinda wreath! Cheap people unite!



All items are from Michaels. I went in with my coupon and grabbed them since there were only a few left. The ribbon is actually for Christmas stuff, but I thought it felt more Fall than Christmas, so I grabbed that one. I don't like ribbons with ghosts or pumpkins or candy corn on them. Too cheese-balls for me.

So, step one: Cut a LONG piece of the ribbon (use ribbon with wire for best results) and have a short tail on the end and under the wreath (see below)


Step Two: Tie a very tight knot and leave about 3-4 inches of a tail on the end.


Step Three: start to fold the long tail like an accordion until you use up the whole tail.




Step Four: Use the small end of the tail to tie a very tight knot in the center. The tighter the knot the more crisp the bows will be.


Step Five: Start to fluff up the pieces of the ribbon. I make them all pop up then start to scrunch them (like you scrunch hair) so that the "bow" looks really big. I often twist the ribbon or even add a second ribbon altogether and repeat the steps.



Voila!



The wreath hangs on our front door and I may paint this part white since it bothers me. 




Post a comment (0)

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hover Pin It Code

 
09 10