Jack's 3rd Birthday

Friday, December 20, 2013

Jack turned 3. 3 years old. 36 months. I cried. I cried a lot. I know EVERYONE says that raising a child goes by so fast. And it is so true. I feel like he was a baby yesterday. It makes me sad. But, it also makes me realize that we need to cherish the times with Jack. Because in 15 years he is going to be going to college. And then getting married, having babies, etc. Ok, I'll stop now.

COME ON IN TO JACK'S 3RD BIRTHDAY!


I was going to go crazy with decorations. I'm talking balloons in the yard, all over the house, streamers etc. The night before, that plan feel to poo because I fell off of our stairs. Thankfully on the first step. But the floor was slippery (Jon said he used Pledge on the floor.....................) and I fell straight on my back. I have horrible scoliosis so I slammed my spine and head. For a moment I thought I needed to go to the hospital. But decided to heat my back and see if that helped. So rather than decorating, I went to bed. It was very necessary and my back still hurts so I am glad that I did rest rather than strain my back even more. I had to rush a bit in the morning but it all turned out just fine.


Mr. Jack loves Toy Story. Especially Buzz, Woody and Bullseye, so I wanted to milk the theme and purchased some goodies from Partycity.com.



For food I kept it pretty simple. For appetizers I made fruit salad, cheese and crackers, salsa and chips, mozzarella and tomato skewers and cucumber with hummus and roasted red peppers on top.

For drinks we had Coke, Diet Coke, Snapples Kiwi Strawberry juice (my fav), water, wine, beer and Pellegrino. I always have limes and lemons in case anyone wants them in their drink. Most of the beverages were in our beverage fridge and wine fridge below the counter top.



I also made a banner of Jack's 1st and 2nd birthday and then pictures of him from month 25-36. It was fun for people to look at but Jon told me it couldn't block the football ;-)


For desserts we had a Funfetti cake with Chocolate frosting and Jack's favorite M&M's that my Mother-in-law decorated. She also decorated the cupcakes! Everyone loved the cake which was a surprise since I am not the best baker.




For the main course...PIZZA! One of Jack's favorites and super easy. I always order online a few days before and Jon grabs it before the party.




My lovely Mom brought some buffalo wings! They were soooo goooood and I ate them for leftovers for a few days. I did not complain ;-) She also brought me some anniversary gifts of beautiful, white serving platters for entertaining. She is such a sweetie. Love my Momma.


Noni and Nana!


Papa helping the birthday boy open his gifts. Fun fact: Jack opened up his gifts as soon as someone would hand them to him. He doesn't understand that you're supposed to wait ;-). After telling him no a few times, we all thought he should just open them early haha.


CAKE TIME!


Oh our love for this boy.



Enjoying his frosting ;-)



Happy 3rd birthday to best boy in town. We love you "oh so very much", to the moon and back and to infinity and beyond.

Love, Mommy and Daddy.


Check out Jack's birthday party last year here.
Post a comment (0)

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hover Pin It Code

 
09 10