Healthy Sweet Tea

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Anyone else craving summer with every fiber of their being? Well, I certainly am! One thing I love to drink in the summer is sweet tea. The other day, I dropped Jack off at my Mother-in-Law's and went to Target to go grocery shopping. I had time to LOOK at the labels since I wasn't rushing around trying to avoid a meltdown from Jack. It was AWESOME. But, I went to get some iced tea to cure my craving when I realized just how unhealthy they all were! Jon used to be a physical trainer so he has taught me what to look for on labels to see if they're healthy or not. I was pretty shocked. Then, I realized, I could just make my own! So I skipped getting the iced tea, finished shopping and went home. Once I got home, I got straight to bidness.

What you need: 5 tea bags (I chose Lipton 100% Natural), 1 lemon, 6 cups of water and 1/2 a cup of sugar and ice.

What to do: Bring water to a boil and add the tea bags to steep for about 10-12 minutes (until the water is nice and dark) remove them, then add the 1/2 cup of sugar and bring to a boil to help the sugar dissolve. Once the sugar is dissolved, let the tea cool on the stove. Once the tea is cool, I poured it into a large blender that we had (we don't have a pitcher for some reason haha) and put it in the fridge for an hour. Then I cut a lemon in half and squeezed in the juice of the lemon into the tea. Give it a stir and pour it over ice.

I love this recipe and it actually tastes better than anything at the store because it is natural sweet tea. Come to Mama!

What are some dishes/drinks that you crave in the summer? For me it is pretty typical...cheeseburgers, corn on the cob, coleslaw, steak tips, ice cream....oh my god....drooling.
Post a comment (0)

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hover Pin It Code

 
09 10