The Laundry Room Makeover has begun!

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Happy Hump Day! This last Friday, we got to work on our laundry room makeover. Something I am uber excited about since I spend a lot of time in there. I need it to function and work. I originally wanted to start in the Spring, but on Friday, the annoying, ugly shelf bothered me so much, I sent a text to Jon saying it needed to go. NOW. And I would be doing it since I couldn't wait two hours for him to get home from work. 
 So, I grabbed whatever this thing is and went to town.
One hour, 40 curse words and a little blood later, the shelf was no more! I am just glad Jack slept through it all. 
 A little spackle later, the holes were covered (still need to be sanded, duh)
 There has always been a bit of tape goop stuck to our washer and dryer from when they were moved upstairs. It looks grimy, so I took Jack's knife so it wouldn't scrape the appliances (the knife was thrown away) and went to town. I used some disinfectant spray to help lubricate the process.
 So, this is what it looked like after the shelf was gone and Jon went to town on the pedestals. I had no clue he was going to do all of this that night, but he went ham on them. Not bologna. Ham. 
 Here are the pedestals. They were great to have for storage, but take up WAY too much room and we couldn't push the washer and dryer against the wall. So they were more of a pain then useful. 
 Jon's strength surprises me. He did this practically by himself. I helped once and dropped it on my leg...so I just watched in the corner, took pictures and made mojitos ;-)
 Both pedestals off
FUNNY STORY. WE FORGOT TO TURN THE WATER OFF. YEAH YOU ARE READING THIS RIGHT. AND AS WE MOVED THE WASHER, THE HOSE FELL OFF AND WATER SPRAYED EVERYWHERE. EVERYWHERE. LESSON LEARNED. YES CAPITAL LETTERS ARE NECESSARY. SO WAS AN ABUNDANCE OF TOWELS.
 Jon at one point asked why one of the pedestals was so heavy....oops....3 full bottles of laundry detergent could do it...#wifefail.
 So, then we reached a dilemma. We could keep the washer and dryer on the MAIN wall like below.
OR we could have them tucked into the little nook area. We decided to do that. This way, the long tinfoil looking tube thing wouldn't show, and we could cover up the little nook in the wall that holds the water pipes (no clue what either are called). We were able to cut the tinfoil tube thing to size so we could push the washer all the way back.

 Here is what the room looks like now! 
 The tubes and red and blue knob...box...(???) will be covered once we devise a plan for this wall.
 Ahhh, celebratory Buffalo Chicken Calzone. 
 Here's what we are thinking! A bit different from the original plan, but I think it will all work out just fine. 

                   via / via / via 

Up next, paint for the walls, new grout (using grout paint) and hanging the ironing board and iron!
Post a comment (0)

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hover Pin It Code

 
09 10