A Day with The McGrory's

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

I say it all the time. I had a great childhood with lovely memories. Sometimes when I'm having a bad day, I close my eyes and picture myself, back in the neighborhood that I loved so much, with my best "buddy ol' pals" as Jack says. I lived across the street from my best friend. It was perfect. We always planned on digging tunnels or some strange rope and pulley system that would allow us to hang out all the time. Nobody would notice...But Sarah is still my very best friend to this day. Her family is like my second family. I could go in without knocking, open up the fridge, grab a drink and sit down and watch TV and they wouldn't question a thing. In fact, I think that has happened before...Sarah's mom, Anne is someone that I look up to as a mother. Back in the day, she would scold us for saying "shut up," "hate," "stupid," etc. We thought she was so annoying. Well, when I heard Jack pick up the word "hate" from one of his friends...I scolded him. I pulled a "Mother Anne." And I just laughed.

On Monday, Jack and I went up to their house in NH for a cook out. Jack is obsessed with Bernie. Truly, obsessed. Back when we went to Southwick's with them, Bernie bought Jack a camel. Jack named it Bernie and sleeps with it every night. It was kind of nice, I didn't have to chase Jack around once...since Jack would not leave Bernie's side! Muahahaha maniacal laughhhh (name that movie). We sat on the deck, ate some cheeseburgers, played soccer and laughed and laughed. A dose of the McGrory clan was much needed! Oh and Dudley too :-)


Typical Jack :-)
Jack is starting soccer in May. Nate was helping him dribble the ball and head but!
Hahaha Dudley's still got it 
Action shot face!
Cutie pie!


"I'm sorry I threw the ball at Dudley's face, Anne"





And of course, in true Jack fashion, he heard the word dessert and went mental. I do too, jack, don't worry!
And attack Bernie some more...
Jack slept allllll night but naturally was up at 6am as usual! 





Constructive criticism is welcome but any comments that are malicious and mean-spirited will be removed. Ain't nobody got time for dat.
Post a comment (0)

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hover Pin It Code

 
09 10