Freshly Squeezed Grapefruit Juice

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

So, as part of my housewife challenge, I really wanted to start "juicing" (no, not that kale, dirt and twig type of juice) oranges and grapefruit to have in the morning. This way, its not filled with extra sugar and God knows what else like OJ and Grapefruit juice is from the grocery store. It is nothing but pure, fresh juice. And it taste 20x better than the store-bought stuff. 
Since out countertops are Carrera marble, we need to protect the heck out of them from etching. Citrus is a nasty piece of work for the counters, so I lay a towel down to prevent splashing. 
I cut the grapefruit (or oranges) in half and use a citrus juicer to squeeze them into a measuring cup.
 Then I strain the juice to get the seeds and extra pulp out. I saw a cute glass pitcher at Wal Mart for $5, so I grabbed that to pour the juice into. I need to get another one so I can also have orange juice on hand as well.


It is SO good. So fresh and just what I need in the morning. I just need to get a larger one since the small green one that I have is used for lemons and limes. I really like this vintage style that I found on Etsy, but it has sold. Keep your eyes peeled for me!
Post a comment (0)

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hover Pin It Code

 
09 10