2nd Trimester Must Haves

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Ahhh, the 2nd trimester. Apparently this is the most enjoyable time being pregnant. I must say, it was better than the 1st for the most part, but still had its ups and downs! Here's what helped get me through it!

1. Fuzzy throw blanket: My girlfriend Lauren gave us two of these for a wedding gift and they are my favorite blankets ever. I love being warm and I sleep with this blanket every night. When Jon hogs the body pillow (YEAH I KNOW), I bunch the blanket up and put it between my knees and under my belly for support. Side note: we have a full bed. Not a queen...a full. Jon is very wide (not fat, just wide) and we can barely sleep next to each other, so he normally sleeps on the couch. I don't make him! Jon prefers it anyways since he is so used to sleeping in a van from touring. A KING size bed is our next purchase for sure!

2. Loose sweaters and leggings. Judge me. I am wearing leggings as pants. At least my butt is covered! My sister bought me this gray sweater from Liz Lange's maternity line at target and I want to wear it everyday! It keeps me warm and is the perfect fit.

3. Tums. Because heartburn rules my life.

4. Burt's Bees chapstick. My lips have been extra dry, so this helps keep them moist!

5. Maternity Essential tee. Another Liz Lange must have! I have two white shirts and one in black and wear them with maternity jeans and a button up sweater (like below)
6. This exact bra. Holy cow. All pregnant women go through what I like to call "hell" where their backs widen they look weird as hell. NO bra has fit me since week 15, so we went to Target (of course) and I bought this maternity bra that will also go with nursing once Marin is here. Winner winner chicken...boobs?

7. Last but not least...fresh, juicy fruit. I'm talking cantaloupe, apples, pineapple, watermelon and strawberries. The juicier the better!

What has helped you get through the 2nd trimester? Anyone else hate the widening stage? I swear I look like a lumberjack from behind sometimes!
Post a comment (0)

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hover Pin It Code

 
09 10