Come and knock on my door

Saturday, January 17, 2015

"We'll be waiting for you..." name that show! One of my favorite design trends is a nice, bold front door. What better way to make an entrance other than a bright color that others wouldn't expect? Our front door is black (which is standard for our neighborhood) but if we ever move, expect a colorful front door that would leave guests speechless (in a good way, of course!)

Here they choose a very bold, crimson red which goes well with the tree and rust color of the trim around the home. If the exterior wall color were any darker, this definitely would not have worked!
I love the choice of the dark, forrest green since it pairs well with the pavers and the exterior colors. They also did a great job accessorizing with the door handle and knocker. It all pulls it together!
A kelly green door? Yes, please! Normally I don't like gold anything, but the letter box and numbers make the green pop even more.
Now if we are ever lucky enough to have a Cape House, this is what I want for the exterior. Light shingles, pops of white and a gorgeous blue door.
And this one is my favorite. I love the choice of the dark yellow and the detail in the window above the door. It's like The Shire meets Italy. Shiretaly. 

What are your thoughts? I know colorful front doors can be a hit or miss, but as long as the color you choose balances well with the exterior of the home, you're in good hands in my opinion. 
Post a comment (0)

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hover Pin It Code

 
09 10