Naturally Exposed

Saturday, January 10, 2015

One design I have always and will always love, is exposed brick. Whether it be a mantle, an accent wall, an archway or even a pathway. Exposing brick to use as a feature in your home, really adds a touch of charm that you cannot duplicate.

This room below is to die for. This is an image from Marianne's dining area and my mouth dropped when I saw it. The white wash on the brick (which can be a major hit or miss in my eyes) is perfectly done. I love that there are modern touches as well, with the lamps and open shelving. Such a wonderfully creative space!
 
I'd love to have this brick accent wall in my office any day! We always say we would love to have a loft in Chicago one day (a day dream..but just for us - no kids allowed!) since we love the whole look of Chicago lofts. I'd hope to have a wall like this! 
 source
Joanna Gaines is my favorite designer at the moment. She can take any space and transform it into a magical vintage wonderland filled with fairies and dancing bears. Who spiked my coffee? Seriously though, this is an image from their latest episode of Fixer upper on HGTV (best show ever) where she was able to take down the wall carefully around the fireplace and expose the natural brick beneath. STUNNING.
I also love the fireplace in their farmhouse. Joanna, I bow down to you.

 What are your favorite design trends? I have a fun and unexpected one for next week!

Post a comment (0)

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hover Pin It Code

 
09 10