Dear Jack

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Dear Jack Attack,
Momma here (so glad you're not calling me "Mom" anymore). I can't believe what a wonderful, little dude you are turning into these days. Each and every day you amaze me to no end with your creativity, your brilliance and your amazing dance skills. You are the light of my life and I am the luckiest Momma in the world to have you as my son. My bundle of never-ending energy. 
You have the biggest heart and the biggest temper. Something we are still trying to figure out but doubt we ever will. We have never been able to figure you out because you are so unique. You grab life by the horns and try and control every moment. You have done this since you were a baby. You were one headstrong little baby and now you're one headstrong little boy. But you have Momma and Daddy as your parents, so we kind of knew that would happen ;-)
I hope I never forget the hilarious things you say and the wonderful songs you make up to be "just like Daddy" My favorite will always be the Spiderman song. "Spida-man, Spida-man, that what I does with Spida-man!" I love that you are 100% a Momma's boy. I am soaking that up since I know one day, you won't want to cuddle and hold hands or give me 45 morning kisses. You won't say "I love you more than anything" every day. That time will come where I won't see you every day...I can't picture that right now. That will be the hardest day of my life...sending you off to college...oh Gosh I have to stop before the tears flow. So right now, I am soaking everything up. Even the tantrums of epic proportions that could win you an Oscar for Best Dramatic Performance.
Even though you think you are already as tall as Papa, you have your cuddly, sweet "hold me like a baby" moments. We cradle you and you give us the sweetest smile and make your little baby coo noises. That has to be my favorite thing. Normally it is after bath time when you are in your getting-too-small for you robe.
I love how much you love the outdoors and the sunshine. Picnics are the best and long walks. I know this winter has been hard and you long for the beach. This Summer we will make the best of it. I promise.
I love your four freckles and your sweet button nose. I kiss it every day and have done so since you were born. I also love that you use that button nose as an escape to getting in trouble and say "I don't know who did that! It must have been that cute kid with the cute button nose!" Nice try, buddy. Nice try. 
I love that we found our own secret playground where you get to run like wild and have all of the slides to yourself. The smile you have on your face the whole time makes me feel like, even on the hard days, that I am one good Momma. You remind me that I am often, and I am very thankful for that.
You are also our little comedian. Proof below. You have us laughing so, so hard every day. SNL could use you.
You were so proud of that lego tower behind you. Gosh how cute are you?
Daddy, your precious Daddy. You try and show off every day for him with your creations and your wrestling moves. You try and hide affections and cuddles with him until the second he leaves and your heart explodes. But when you finally give in, and give Daddy those big long hugs that he loves...you smile, pat his back and melt into him like butter on toast. Those are the best moments of Daddy's life.
You are yelling for me to come get you right now, so I need to wrap this up. We love you, Jack. Everyone that meets you, everywhere you go, people are drawn to you. You are so social and lovable and hilarious. You are a celebrity in town already. Everyone knows Jack. You have made us the luckiest people in the world and we will forever be grateful for you. I love you to the moon and back and to infinity and beyond, skoobida! Love, Momma.





















Post a comment (0)

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hover Pin It Code

 
09 10