My Birthday

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

While we are snowed in during the worst winter ever (forget the Polar Vortex of last year), I started to look at pictures from this Summer and realized I never posted about my birthday or a few other fun events. It is all about the memories people, and my brain is about to turn into newborn mush in 7 weeks, so the time is now!

This post is about my birthday...hence the title. That morning, Jack and my Mother-in-Law Janie had made a cake for me to wake up to (after sleeping in :-) ) it was sooooooooooo cute and very much appreciated. Jack was loving it since he lives to make people smile.


As a couple, we don't get to go out together too often. I really wanted to spend the day with Jon since he was so busy traveling this summer so I barely saw the man. And I miss that man terribly when he's gone for even a half hour. So, we went to my favorite little shop called Brookdale Farms in Hollis, NH before going out to dinner with my Mom and Greg. The weather was perfect. It was sunny, warm and had a slight breeze that would cool you off the moment you needed it.

Brookdale Farm in the summer is stunning. Nothing but flowers for miles...er...70ft. The colors are vibrant and the scents all seem to work together. It's like walking by your favorite Yankee Candle. One day, I want a garden with mostly purple and white flowers. Those are the plants I'm drawn to the most. Like (in order of favorites) Lilacs, white Hydrangeas, Lavender and white Roses.

 They always style the outdoors as well as the indoor shop and I love the effort they put into it and the decor they choose. How cute are those metal tins? That kelly green chair? You had me at hello. Which I said out loud since chairs don't talk.

 We arrived pretty early since we wanted to look at a fixer upper in the Hollis area (we have been thinking about flipping homes and wanted to take a gander). The home turned out to be an abandoned hot mess in a terrible area, and we figured it would be a bad idea for that to be our first ride in the fixer rodeo, so we went straight to Brookdale Farms. With plenty of time on our hands before dinner, Jon looked for a sandwich shop near by.




I love the hanging flower baskets from the tree.

 Of course you have to have Annabelle's Ice Cream when you're here. I remember getting ice cream here almost every time we came when we were kids. I always get the bubble gum ice cream. DELICIOUS!
 This field is filled with pumpkins in the fall. It is a wonderful place to come with kids and pick apples and get your pumpkins. We went with Jack and Nathan way back when.
  I stayed behind and just wanted to relax and feel the sun on my already slightly burnt shoulders, so Jon went ahead and came back with a yummy Turkey club sub (my favorite) that was 45ft long for me and a Buffalo Chicken Calzone (his favorite) for him.
 It was wonderful sitting under the tree and just enjoying each other. We always discuss dreams and goals and support each other to no end. One of my favorite things is just being with him. We don't even need to speak to each other the whole time.

 We walked around to the farm animals since Jon has a weird connection with them. Remember his girlfriend from the Zoo? 

 Serenading Babe. I name all pigs "Babe"

After Jon sweet talked his animals, we went inside to get some candy and browse the shop. They have fun trinkets and one-of-a-kind decor in there,

 Must hit up the candy section! Boy, oh boy was he loving it inside. 
 I love how they display their fresh produce. I wanted to buy it all.



 The only picture of us...who needs eyes these days? Overrated. 
Once we left, we went to a favorite spot of mine called The Pasta Loft in Milford, NH. It was a blast! Little secret...I didn't drink because I was positive I was pregnant (which I was), so I had Root beer. Mmmmm. 
Jon enjoyed the fruity Margarita which may or may not have come with a face.

Here is my prettyful Momma. Love her!
 The boys...discussing "boy" things. Nasty fools.
Sorry babe ;-) ....not sorry.
 Little lovebirds.
 Towards the end of the night, a woman from the table in front of us came over and sang me some CRAZY birthday song in an opera voice. It was wildly uncomfortable at first, then Greg hopped over and did another jig for them. It was pretty hilarious!

 My birthday was so much fun! Then, a few days later, I got some of the best news of my life when I found out I was right all along with the baby vibes. Marin had occupied my uterus and it was the best feeling. Only 7 more weeks until we meet!
Post a comment (0)

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hover Pin It Code

 
09 10