Coastal Dreaming

Friday, March 20, 2015

Comrades! Are you fans of the show Fixer Upper? Do you also bow down to Joanna Gaines and wish you could party with Chip? No? Ok, well I do...since...well, I am crazy. What was my point with this? OH YEAH! So a blog I have been following for many years, before I even knew who the Gaines were, is The Lettered Cottage. Layla Palmer and her husband, Kevin, have turned an adorable yet plain Jane house into the Cottage/Coastal home of my dreams.

One room I really love, is their new kitchen. Are you ready for some beautifulness? For one thing, the colors and choices for backsplash, counters and paint selection speak to me like Donald Draper selling a pitch. Everything flows and your mouth just drops. 
 And for a kitchen that is not that big, they really opened it up by using light and airy colors. Keeping the main wall cabinets white and using a contrasting blueish/gray island color, gave the kitchen a bit of UMPH without being overwhelming. 
 Not to mention, they score a lot of their decor at Flea Markets and cute little shops that you wish gave everything away for free. I love the accent colors of greens, galvanized tin, natural wood tones and blues. 
 Just like the Gaine's family, they have such a great sense of style and use vintage finds to not only decorate the space, but to be useful as well, like these awesome kitchen tools. 
 Another room I have to gush over, is their hallway laundry room. See the countertop? That was originally a large door they found that they repurposed. Here is the genius post about that. I love the shelving and her decor. Simple and not fussy at all. Like the perfect newborn..............I couldn't think of anything else. 
They are absolute design Wizards since they used a portion of the door as a backsplash to hide those pesky faucets and outlets that are such an eye sore. Kevin used dowels to support it in case they need to get to the faucet in a hurry, they just lift that bad boy up.
Easy and can be done in a very inexpensive way. We may have to steal this idea! Another reason why I love blog land. 

So who are your favorite design/DIY blogs? Also a fan of Coastal meets Country? 
Post a comment (0)

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hover Pin It Code

 
09 10