Marin's First Trip to the Cape

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Ahh, the Cape. I wish I never had to leave. Seriously, it is so relaxing and beautiful down there. We went yesterday and had a blast with my Dad and V. They rent the same house every summer and we always try and head down. Jack's first trip to the beach was at the same beach we went to yesterday for Marin's first! Special day indeed for me since I am the ultimate beach lover. 
I put Marin in her tent and brought her bath tub chair (which I switched to her carseat later since she kept getting annoyed at slouching down). I mentioned the beach tent here and here. I love it, but it seems to already have some damage. It isn't popping up all the way and slants on one side. But it should last for the summer!
Lauren, Ashley and Maddy buried Jack in the sand and into the shape of a shark. To say he was excited was an understatement!



I was happy to have some time to myself with Marin sleeping and the girls occupying Jack. When they went for a walk, my Dad took Jack for one as well and I played out on a towel (and burned my forehead naturally) and soaked it in. I never have time to myself so it was a much needed break.

I love that big ol' smile.

When Marin finally woke up, I wanted to get her cute little piggies in the water to see if she loved it and really have her experience the beach for her first time...

SHE HATED IT. HATED. THE BABY THAT NEVER CRIES, CRIED. CRIED TEARS. THEN HAD A POUTY FACE FOR TEN MINUTES. POUTY FACE. A FACE THAT IS POUTY! THAT MEANS SHE IS SAD! NO!
LOOK WITH YOUR EYES! THAT LIP! IT QUIVERS! A QUIVERING LIP!
Her face screams GET ME THE HECK OUT OF HERE, PAPA! WHY!? WHY DID YOU DO SUCH A THING TO ME? LOOK AT MY MOTHER LAUGHING AT ME! GET THAT CAMERA OUT OF HERE!
Ok, maybe I am being a tad dramatic, but she definitely was not a fan. Well, sweetheart, we are going again in a few weeks and you bet your chipmunk cheeks you are going back in. I will have beach loving children and yes I understand she is only two months old. Do you not know that I am crazy?

Ahhh, the warm sand. My favorite feeling. And ahhhh that sunburn...I mean...OWWWW #paleforever #morelikeslightlypinkforever

Back and the house of beach, Jack and my Dad were playing some crazy hard frisbee game that I was horrendous at. Like...God awful. It was like crouching tiger, hidden get the frisbee in this tiny slot.

So I stuck to doing my favorite thing besides the beach...photographing the flowers. I love taking pictures of them. They don't move and never talk back ;-)


Marin is seriously so easy. It shocks us daily how chill she is. I sat her on the couch and she just stayed there and didn't mind at all. I love her eyes right now. They are a mystery to me. Some days they are dark blue and gray like the ocean during a storm and other days a beautiful shade of greens and browns that remind me of a forest.




Someone was getting sleepy, even though he denied it and became offended at the thought of it.






And then we had to leave since Jack was straight up actin' a FOOL the last few minutes. He came up and screamed in my ear and I damn near jumped out of my skin while crying. Sensitive ears, Jack. Sensitive ears.

Post a comment (0)

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hover Pin It Code

 
09 10