Advice from the Ocean

Tuesday, August 11, 2015


"Be shore of yourself. 
Come out of your Shell. 
Take time to coast. 
Avoid pier pressure. 
Don't be crabby. 
Sea Life’s beauty.
Don’t get so tide down on work that you miss out on life’s beautiful waves."


When I need a good dose of mental medicine, I head to the beach. When the waves crash at my feet, I always look down. I see the sand look like it is being sucked away by the sea from under my feet and I feel all of my bad energy doing the same. I look back up and see another wave coming, so I close my eyes and feel the wave crash at my feet again. All new, positive energy. Life can throw you some lemons sometimes. But it is how you deal with said lemons, that really shows what kind of person you are. 

Lately (as usual) I have been struggling with a work/life balance. The other day, I literally said "screw it" and left the house with the kids before washing the dishes, making the beds, doing the laundry, posting a blog post, checking emails or any type of social media and went straight to the park. We stayed for three hours and I told myself to enjoy my time, turn my phone on silent and hang out with Jack and Marin. It felt so good and felt so right. My place right now is with my kids. I am lucky enough to be able to stay home with them so I need to make sure my mind is on them and not one hundred other things. To me, life comes first, not work. I wish everyone felt that way. I know when I'm on my death bed, I'll look back and think of that time at the park when my kids were young. I'll never remember an email or the day I left the house a mess. I'll always remember my kids laughing, the smell of freshly mowed grass, the light breeze that hits the moment you need it and the smiles that never left their faces. That's what I'll remember. 
Post a comment (0)

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hover Pin It Code

 
09 10