Sunday Nights with Great Grains: Apple Crisp

Sunday, November 8, 2015

This post is sponsored by Great Grains

Evening, Minions! My, oh my, am I excited to show you this recipe or what!? Sweet sassafras are you ready for this? Using Great Grains "Raisins, dates and pecans" cereal, I made one mega, yummy, apple crisp. Instead of oatmeal, I used the cereal and created the topping. It left me with soft, tart apples and a crunchy, sweet yet savory topping. I added maple walnut ice cream on top and it may have been gobbled up in a hurry!

 Ahhh, tummy don't stop me now. 
 The cereal is delicious itself with milk or on top of yogurt but when it was toasted and with those apples? OOOOOH darling.
 Once more for good measure...
 OOPS! How did that get in there?

Here's my recipe:

Topping
2 1/2 cups cereal
2 tbsp flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
5 tbsp melted butter
1/4 tsp cinnamon

Filling
8 medium Granny Smith apples, diced (I don't peel mine)
1tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp flour

Here's what to do:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
Combine the filling (everything) in one bowl and coat the apples entirely. Pour into a 8x10 pan.
Combine the toppings in a separate bowl, stir until the butter coats the mixture. Sprinkle on top of the apples in the pan.
Bake for 25-30 minutes until apples are tender and topping is nice and golden.
Eat plain or add ice cream to fall over backwards and die. 

And so concludes my first recipe using Great Grains! Tune in next Sunday for another yummy recipe :-)
Post a comment (0)

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hover Pin It Code

 
09 10